About the role
Context (external/internal factors which influence the work environment, taking into account future conditions and strategic requirements):
- Financial services sector
- South African Regulatory framework of insurance/brokerage industry
- Customer focus
- Service excellence
- Target driven environment
Customers (to whom the service is rendered/impacted upon):
- External clients
- Internal customers: Indwe divisions and departments
Number of subordinates: 0
Reporting line (immediate manager): Manager: Individual and volume business
- Certificate in Office Administration or relevant qualification is an advantage
- 3 years’ experience as a receptionist in a professional establishment
- Computer literacy
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Time management
- Planning and organising
- Switchboard operation skills
- Basic administration
- Indwe’s mission, vision and values
- Organisational awareness (structures, role players etc.)
- Indwe policies and procedures
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Service excellence
- Ability to effectively adapt to change
- Attention to detail
- Frontline appearance
- Ability to work under pressure
- Work according to set policies and procedures
Key Performance Areas
Key Performance Outputs
1. Acknowledge and receive walk-in clients
- Receive all clients (walk-in and telephonic) professionally.
- Make the correct referrals.
2. Professionally attend to all switchboard calls
- Answer calls
- Accurately direct calls once answered.
- Accurate message forwarded to the correct person.
- Lines/switchboard tested daily.
3. Ensure a tidy and welcoming reception environment
- Ensure that the reception area is neat, presentable and comfortable.
- Ensure that the Indwe dress code is adhered to for a professional image.
- Ensure that there is reading material (magazines/ newspaper).
4. Ad hoc task
- Register incoming mail and messages daily and ensure that these are signed for.
- Professionally type documents as and when requested.
- Perform ad hoc tasks as and when required to do so.
All Indwe employees are expected to conduct themselves in a manner commensurate with the Indwe values:
Actively seeking continuous Improvement
To care for our clients with Empathy
Proving the best solutions to our customers
To learn, grow and embrace diversity
To take responsibility and use initiative